July 4, 2019 · 2:32 pm
This year, with the kids crazy summer schedules, we weren’t able to take a long summer trip, so we thought it would be fun to spend the 4th of July in D.C. celebrating at our nation’s capital.
Knowing how crowded the city can be for the fireworks, we stayed at a Hilton property close to the National Mall, so we wouldn’t have to walk to far afterward. Of course it’s located right behind the International Spy Museum and my oldest son was beside himself happy LOL. We packed in and saw as much as we could, even with long lines and crazy hot temperatures. We checked off a bucket list city, and I love our memories.
Here’s what we did:
- We walked a lot.
- In all major cities we buy tickets for Big Bus and ride around to see the sights. It gives us a good idea of the layout of the city along with interesting facts.
- Listened to president Trump’s speech from the Lincoln Memorial, while watching the military planes fly over.
- Celebrated the 4th of July fireworks on the National Mall.
- We ate some amazing food from Momofuku, Old Ebbitt Grill, outside cafe at the Willard hotel, and down on the wharf.
- We went to the Spy Museum, the Air & Space Museum, and the National Archives Museum to see the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
- We rode the night tour and saw the Jefferson Memorial, MLK Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, and the Iwo Jima Memorial.
- We rode little scooters all around the National Mall to visit some of sights: Washington Monument, Capital building, White house, Lincoln Memorial.
- And we completed our trip with a baseball game with the Washington Nationals.
Off to Chicago we go to celebrate Liam’s 8th grade graduation! Today, we spent the day in the city going to the aquarium, the Cubs game, and to Lou Malnati’s for dinner.
August 20, 2017 · 4:21 pm
February 8, 2014 · 2:50 pm
BASEBALL SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!
After a few rained out practices, Davy was finally able to hit the batting cages. Both boys are getting excited for opening day on the 22nd.
Later in the afternoon the boys went to Nathan Ho’s 5th Birthday party. How cute is the theme…
“Don’t feed the bears”!!!
June 15, 2013 · 2:19 pm
This afternoon we met up with Mark, Karen, Adley, Bryce and Lad, Katie, and Isaac at the Ray’s versus the Royal’s game. Our boys love baseball and cotton candy :). The crazy thing that happened at this game, a ball came off of the bat and bee lined for the pitcher and as he turned to avoid the ball it struck him in the head just above his ear going 112 miles per hour….ouch! He was later reported to be fine and the Ray’s won the game!
Filed under Baseball
Tagged as Baseball, Summer
April 26, 2013 · 1:25 pm
Davy loved baseball practice tonight because his team scrimmaged Caiden’s team. 🙂 Here is Davy running past Caiden on first base.
April 13, 2013 · 2:12 pm
As every weekend is filled with baseball…. Here is Davy looking super cute up at bat!
April 6, 2013 · 1:58 pm
Davy gets his first game ball!!! Way to go big guy!!! 🙂 Off to celebrate at Mellow Mushroom.
March 2, 2013 · 8:33 pm
I missed last weekend’s game, so technically this is my first of the season. I love watching Davy play…
Filed under Baseball
Tagged as Baseball, Davy
July 9, 2010 · 10:30 pm
Tonight I decided to surprise the family with a “date night” to the Ray’s Baseball game. Courtney unexpectedly had a couple of extra tickets to give away so I immediately said “Yes”. The boys had a great time cheering with crowds and eating cotton candy.