- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 6)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, or 1 1/2 cups of regular chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 mini muffin tins or line them with paper or foil liners. In a large bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, bananas and eggs; mix thoroughly. In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is evenly moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the cups or tins, bake for about 18 minutes, use the toothpick test for doneness, let muffins cool and serve.
These muffins are the perfect size for kids, great for breakfast, great as a snack, or can be wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 1 month. Let them thaw and toast in a 350 degree oven.
Yields 48 mini muffins….