Category Archives: Fun Outings
This year, with the kids crazy summer schedules, we weren’t able to take a long summer trip, so we thought it would be fun to spend the 4th of July in D.C. celebrating at our nation’s capital.
Knowing how crowded the city can be for the fireworks, we stayed at a Hilton property close to the National Mall, so we wouldn’t have to walk to far afterward. Of course it’s located right behind the International Spy Museum and my oldest son was beside himself happy LOL. We packed in and saw as much as we could, even with long lines and crazy hot temperatures. We checked off a bucket list city, and I love our memories.
Here’s what we did:
- We walked a lot.
- In all major cities we buy tickets for Big Bus and ride around to see the sights. It gives us a good idea of the layout of the city along with interesting facts.
- Listened to president Trump’s speech from the Lincoln Memorial, while watching the military planes fly over.
- Celebrated the 4th of July fireworks on the National Mall.
- We ate some amazing food from Momofuku, Old Ebbitt Grill, outside cafe at the Willard hotel, and down on the wharf.
- We went to the Spy Museum, the Air & Space Museum, and the National Archives Museum to see the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
- We rode the night tour and saw the Jefferson Memorial, MLK Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, and the Iwo Jima Memorial.
- We rode little scooters all around the National Mall to visit some of sights: Washington Monument, Capital building, White house, Lincoln Memorial.
- And we completed our trip with a baseball game with the Washington Nationals.
Vacation Day 4!
Today, we headed south out of Portland and straight into Willamette Valley. Known for its Pinot Noir’s and sweeping views we had to stop at a few before heading into Northern California for the night.
2. Domaine Serene
3. White Rose Estate
4. Stoller – boys loved playing frisbee golf
Here we took a break and headed to Eugene. Drop through the University of Oregon to show the boys and passed the Ducks Stadium.
5. Sweet Cheeks
6. Kings Estate – here we sat outside and ate dinner.