- 1 cup fresh Zipper Peas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup quatered Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbl red wine vinegar
- 2 tbl chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbl chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbl finely grated lemon zest
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 3 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
For the Salad: Boil 2-3 cups of water with a dash of salt. Add the peas, reduce heat and cook until tender. Drain, rinsing under cool water. In a large bowl combine the rest of the salad ingredients. Cover and allow to marinade for a minimum of two hours or refrigerate overnight.
For the Bruschetta: Low Broil setting. Cut the loaf in 1/2 – 1 inch slices. Arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, flip the slices over and repeat. Broil for 2 minutes, flip the slices over and broil for 1 minute. Remove from oven and rub the slices with the garlic. Bread can be stored air tight and then reheated in the oven.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of salad onto each slice and serve.