- 5 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 + 2 Tbl all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbl turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place peaches in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice, toss. Add 3/4 cup sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture; toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13×9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine four with the remaining salt, and baking powder in a bowl; stirring well with a whisk. Place the remaining sugar and butter in a medium sized bowl and beat with a mixture at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly over peach mixture, sprinkly with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Yeild 12 servings.
Thanks for the recipe Cooking Light Magazine….