This is Hunter Gaylord, isn’t he beautiful. He was born the first weekend in November to our friends Blake and Haven. Right around the time he was about 3 weeks old, poor Haven had to have an emergency appendectomy…so along with many of our other friends…we all scheduled with Blake to bring over dinner.
On my night I brought over this Tortellini Florentine Soup, a large Salad with pan grilled chicken and homemade Caesar dressing, a loaf of Cuban bread with whipped honey butter, and a chocolate cake. They both loved the soup, so here’s the recipe…maybe you will too.
Tortellini Florentine Soup
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomato strips, drained
- 1/2 of a 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a 4-quart dutch oven cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In the same dutch oven, combine broth and pasta sauce. Stir in chicken and dried tomatoes. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in cooked tortellini and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or just until tortellini is heated through and spinach is wilted. If desired top each serving with Parmesan cheese.